THE B1G1 COMMUNITY
Being a B1G1 Worthy Cause means joining a global movement that offers you the opportunity to receive additional funds for your projects from the global business community so that you can focus on creating great impacts with your wonderful work.
The business members of the B1G1 community are conscious businesses that want to make an impact and embed giving at their very core. They choose to connect their business actions with at least one of the projects on our platform and your project could be one of them.
Together, we can create a world full of giving – a happier world!
We welcome high impact charity organizations all around the world to join the B1G1 Worthy Cause Program. We understand the importance of continuous funding for organizations like yours to deliver programs that are truly impactful and we are passionate about supporting your work with the help of the B1G1 Business Members.
To ensure the most efficient giving, B1G1 only works with approved charities/NGOs that meet our unique criteria listed below. We strive to be as transparent as possible in our operations and will keep you informed throughout the entire application process.
Level 1 criteria:
The B1G1 Giving Board expects that each Worthy Cause applicant will meet all or virtually all of the following requirements:
- Has registered charity status in at least one country (verified by current paperwork)
- Has been registered and operating at least three years, with a preference for organisations that are at least five years old
- Is authorised to receive international funding
- Has more than US$100,000 in Annual Income (reflected in audited accounts)
- Can supply audited accounts for the previous two fiscal years
- Can supply latest annual report
- Can supply future audited accounts and annual report within 10 months of the end of year financial year
- Is operating efficiently to deliver the benefits and services they provide*
- Is supporting more than 100 beneficiaries in the last year
- Has activities that are tangible for B1G1 Business Members, with clear cost data available so projects can be broken down into small units (e.g. “We provide a family in Malawi with clean water for a year for $25” or “We plant 1 tree for $3.50”)
- Activities are not associated with the purpose of spreading a specific religion (B1G1 works with organisations of all backgrounds in an inclusive manner. However, we do not support the promotion of a specific religion as a Worthy Cause project)
- Has a website with up-to-date information
- Can communicate efficiently in English and responds within fewer than 7 working days to communication
*In most cases, we expect the administrative costs to be below 20%. However, we examine this factor on a case-by-case basis, in light of your size and type of services you provide, and make an independent judgment about the level of support that goes to program delivery as we understand that these expenses can vary greatly among organizations.
Level 2 criteria:
In addition to the Level 1 criteria, the Board will tend to favour a Worthy Cause applicant that meets one or more of the following additional criteria:
- Operates in a country with few active B1G1 Worthy Causes (see here)
- Has or can obtain tax relief status in countries where B1G1 Business Members are located (e.g. Australia, UK, USA)
- Has active information distribution (such as newsletters, videos, great website, blogs)
- Is able and willing to provide additional resources to B1G1 and B1G1 Business Members (pictures, stories, acknowledgment, etc.)
- Is willing to help facilitate potential visits from B1G1 and B1G1 Business Members
- Has the endorsement of one or more B1G1 Business Members
APPLICATION & REVIEW
After receiving your application, we review your organization:
- Initial assessment against program criteria
- Board approval
- Financial review
Once approved, we will ask for detailed information about your projects.
The B1G1 Team will assist you in listing your projects.
Project Delivery & Updates
Throughout the relationship with B1G1, we ask you to:
- Execute the project activities
- Promptly acknowledge remittances
- Give periodic updates
Once a year, we conduct an annual financial and project review:
- Submit annual reports and audited accounts
- Review project descriptions and images
- Review project costs and breakdown
If you think your organization is the perfect fit, then please apply now.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
We are open for all applications and are currently actively searching in these areas:
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- SDG #7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG #12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG #14: Life Below Water
- Central America
- South America
- Mental Health
- Special Needs Support
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Marine Life
- Natural Disaster Relief